A friend of mine asked me this the other day, and I wanted to share my response in case it helped others wondering the same thing.
- Are there seminars, conventions or meetups you could speak at?
- Are there blogs you could guest blog on?
- Are you posting YouTube videos of uses for your product?
- Can you partner with brick and mortar establishments?
- Are there forums you could participate in to establish your expertise? For example, is there a StackExchange forum for your type of business?
- Can you segment your business into vertical markets and target one or two of those specifically?
- Have you asked existing customers for testimonials and referrals? How about video testimonials? Everyone has a smartphone nowadays, and making a video is a snap. You can host videos on your YouTube channel.
- Where do your customers go? Can you go there?