How do I increase traffic to my Zen Cart?This question is asked periodically by people who think there is a magic bullet - an SEO mod, a keyword tweak, or some other change they can make to their Zen Cart to increase traffic and sales.
Unfortunately, there isn't. There just isn't. And anyone who says they have an SEO solution for Zen Cart that will make you more money is LYING to you.
What can you do?
I am telling people who ask this question to get a copy of Gary Vaynerchuk's book Crush It! and do what he says:
become an expert in your area and share your knowledge until you become the go-to guy (or girl) for your keywords.
Other things you can do:
- Use the money you were going to spend on SEO mods to start buying Google adwords. You have to advertise! There's no way around it.
- Read my posting about using the news to build your expert authority.
- Start reading these blogs on marketing and relationship building:
- Do you have a Google Sitemap? What about other niche search engines?
- Start a blog. Become known as the expert in your area. Talk about trends, new products, legislative changes - anything at all that's relevant to the area you're in. Keep talking. Comment on other blogs in your field. Respond to Tweets. Don't just pitch, because this will turn people off. Instead, share.