Squash TaxesA Zen Cart™ mod which compresses local taxes and state taxes to a single record.
Donate: This is free software. Show your appreciation by supporting my efforts.
Relevance: Zen Cart™ 1.5.4
Current Version: 1.0
Support Thread: Squash Taxes Support Thread
Cost: Free, but donation appreciated
Installed Cost: $120.00, not including any changes or customizations. Buy Professional Installation by That Software Guy
Installation Difficulty: Moderate-High - Test all possible variants of payment modules and tax zones to ensure it is working correctly.
Installation Instructions: click here
Location: Zen Cart Downloads page, under Admin Tools
Download: Squash Taxes on Zen Cart Downloads Page
Squash Taxes is based on Internal version 14 of Local Sales Tax Mod. It assumes you have one level of tax shown in the built-in ot_tax module (Federal or State), plus a single level of local tax which you have implemented with the Local Sales Tax Mod.
Here's an example order with a state tax and a local tax, without this mod installed.
So you see both line items for sales taxes.
Here is the order with the mod installed; notice how there is only one line for the state and local tax.
Overview:Some external systems that work with Zen Cart, such as Paypal and Cartspan, only expect a single tax line item. (Since this is the default Zen Cart behavior, this is a reasonable assumption.) If you need to use the Local Sales Tax mod, but also need to interoperate with an external system which requires a single tax line item, this mod may work for you. Please note: This mod has been coded and tested assuming a single tax rate for State or Federal, and a single tax rate for local. PLEASE TEST CAREFULLY before deploying, and do not use this mod if your tax situation is more complicated than this.
- Back up everything! Try this in a test environment prior to installing it on a live shop.
- This mod assumes you have internal version 14 of Local Sales Tax Mod installed. If you don't, stop now; this is not the mod you're looking for.
- Unzip the file you have received.
- Upload the files in the includes directory to your cart.
- In Admin->Locations/Taxes->Tax Rates, review the descriptions you have used for your taxes. If they include a percentage, such as "FL Tax (6%)" - remove the percentage, and add text to indicate that local tax is included, such as "FL + Local Tax".
- 1.0 08/01/2015 - First Release