That Software Guy loves Salesforce!
Here's how I got into Salesforce: A mid-sized Tampa Bay firm was in the process of converting from a paper-based sales management process to Salesforce.com. They asked me to interview for a position as the project manager of the effort. I didn't know much about Salesforce, so I created a trial account, became a Trailblazer, started earning badges, and immersed myself in the platform to prep for the interview. Well, long story short, I didn't get the job, but I fell in love with Salesforce!
So now, I use Salesforce to run my own (Zen Cart based) business. I have released the integrations I did in the hopes that they will help others who are on a similar journey.
- Zen Cart to Salesforce Customer Import
- Zen Cart to Salesforce Products Import
- Zen Cart to Salesforce Prices Import
Then some optional additions:
- Showing Zen Cart Customer Updates needed by Salesforce
- Zen Cart 360 Sales Reporting (demonstrates creating accounts where multiple contacts for a company exist.)
The Salesforce guys liked my story so much, they wrote a few blog posts about me:
- a blog post about That Software Guy.
- a blog post about Salesforce Essentials featuring That Software Guy. This blog was rerun on Forbes.com.
Then they invited me to speak at Dreamforce 2018 about my experience!
|We did some social media posts.||Here's me with SaaSy, the Salesforce mascot.|
You can see my Salesforce presentation by clicking the screenshot below. My remarks start around 9:15.
Also while I was there, I spoke with tech journalist Ramon Ray for his Vlog, Smart Hustle magazine. He called the article How to Stand Out in the World of Online Selling.
We also did a video interview together: