Zen Cart Copy SideboxesA Zen Cart™ mod which copies sidebox settings from one template to another.
Donate: This is free software. Show your appreciation by supporting my efforts.
Relevance: Zen Cart™ 1.3.9, 1.5.x
Current Version: 1.0
Support Thread: Copy Sideboxes Support Thread
Cost: Free, but donation appreciated
Installed Cost: $60.00 Buy Professional Installation by That Software Guy
Installation Difficulty: Easy
Installation Instructions: click here
Location: Zen Cart Downloads page, under Admin Tools
Download: Copy Sideboxes on Zen Cart Downloads Page
FAQ: click here
Overview:Want to install a new template, but you're dreading reconfiguring the sideboxes you use on the old template? Just use Copy Sideboxes. It does all the hard work for you.
- Back up everything! Try this in a test environment prior to installing it on a live shop.
- Edit copy_sideboxes.php and set the variables
$old_template = ''; // FILL IN WITH THE NAME OF THE OLD TEMPLATE $new_template = ''; // FILL IN WITH THE NAME OF THE NEW TEMPLATEFor example, if the old template was 'classic' and the new template was 'custom',
$old_template = 'classic'; // FILL IN WITH THE NAME OF THE OLD TEMPLATE $new_template = 'custom'; // FILL IN WITH THE NAME OF THE NEW TEMPLATE
- Upload the file copy_sideboxes.php to the root directory of your store.
- Navigate to http://YOUR-SITE.com/copy_sideboxes.php
- Remove the file copy_sideboxes.php from the root directory of your store.
- Donate! Show your appreciation by supporting my efforts.
- You're done! Enjoy your new template.
- 1.0 01/01/2014 - First Release