Zen Cart Fix CompanyFix Company resolves an issue in some versions of Chrome which incorrectly autofills the Company Name field with the year of birth.
Donate: This is free software. Show your appreciation by supporting my efforts.
Relevance: Zen Cart™ 1.5.4 and above
Current Version: 1.0
Support Thread: Fix Company Support Thread
Cost: Free, but donation appreciated
Installed Cost: $120.00 Buy Professional Installation by That Software Guy
Installation Difficulty: Moderate
Installation Instructions: click here
Location: Zen Cart Plugins, under Admin Tools
Download: Fix Company in Zen Cart Plugins
Overview:Fix Company resolves an issue in some versions of Chrome which autofills the Company Name field with the year of birth stored in the cache of a user's browser.
You can see how many accounts have this problem by running the following query in phpMyAdmin:
SELECT customers_id, entry_company FROM address_book WHERE length(entry_company) = 4 AND concat('',entry_company * 1) = entry_company;
If you have heavily modified the template files this mod installs, simply add the following change on top of your modifications:
Look for the string
id="company"in the three files. Change this to
The string will be used in a call to
- Back up everything! Try this in a test environment prior to installing it on a live shop.
- Rename includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE to use your actual template name.
- Copy the contents of the unzipped folder to the root directory of your shop. (Note: if any of the included template files already exist in your store, you will have to merge the files in this mod with the changes you have already made to the template files in this mod.)
- Run https://YOUR-STORE.com/fix_company.php
- Delete fix_company.php from your server. In the future, created or updated accounts will not have this issue.
- 1.0 07/01/2019 - First Release