Zen Cart Valid CartA Zen Cart™ mod which allows you to specify conditions under which customers may not check out.
Relevance: Zen Cart™ 1.3.6 - 1.3.9, 1.5.x
Cost: Starting at $160, more for very complex validations
Support Thread: My commercial software is not supported on the Zen Cart forum. Please email me questions instead.
See it Live: Go to my demo shop and add an item costing less than $100 to your cart. You will immediately see an error message on the shopping cart page and on the shipping page because the validation "shippable total must be greater than $100" was used.
Overview:This mod permits you to set preconditions on the checkout process. Any rule which is appropriate for your business may be implemented as a validity check. Some sample rules are:
- If good from category <x> are purchased, goods from category <y> must be purchased.
- A minimum number of goods from one particular category or group of categories must be purchased.
- If any goods from category <x> are purchased, a minimum number must be purchased.
- Validations requiring groupings of goods from top level categories and subcategories
- Only customers from certain countries may purchase certain products (or any products)
Note: The example in my demo cart is a trivial case. If your requirement is simply "Over $X must be spent in order to checkout," you may use the Minimum Order Contribution. Valid Cart is designed to do more complex validations.
Invalid Shopping Cart Page
On the Shopping Cart page, the message is displayed in the error style, and the checkout button is hidden. Again, your customers cannot checkout until they resolve the problem.
Navigating to the checkout page by typing a URL or using a checkout link in the header or footer will result in redirection back to the shopping cart page. If you prefer, an error message on the checkout shipping page (with payment buttons disabled) may be displayed.
I charge a fee starting at $160 for Valid Cart depending on the complexity of your validations. Please contact me with your requirements for details.