Zen Cart Wishpot IntegrationA Zen Cart™ mod which allows you to use Wishpot as a wishlist management service for your customers.
Donate: This is free software. Show your appreciation by supporting my efforts.
Relevance: Zen Cart™ 1.3.0 - 1.3.9, 1.5.x
Current Version: 1.0
Support Thread: Wishpot Integration Sidebox Support Thread
Cost: Free, but donation appreciated
Installation: click here
Location: Zen Cart Downloads page, under Sideboxes.
Download: Wishpot Integration on Zen Cart Downloads Page
FAQ: click here
See it Live: Go to any product in my demo shop. You will see the "Add to Wishpot" button at the bottom of the page.
Overview:Wishpot is a free wishlist management service allows your customers to create wishlists and registries with items from anywhere.
The Wishpot Integration Contribution puts the "Add to Wishpot" button on your product info page, as shown below.
The recommended placement for the button is close to the "add to cart" button.
When your customers press the "Add to Wishpot" button, if they already have a Wishpot account, a dialog appears, with the product title, price, image and URL prefilled. Otherwise, they are prompted to create an account and then shown this dialog.
Wishpot Add Dialog
Once this action has been completed, the customer can return to shopping at your site or interact with their wishlist.
Wishpot Add Complete Dialog
The wishlist (at wishpot.com) shows each an image of item, along with its price and a link to your site.
Wishpot Main Screen
Installation Problems:The most common installation problems for this module are as follows:
- Wishpot currently only works with dollar based currencies ($). If you use another symbol for currency, it won't work
- If you're using IH2, you'll need to install this patch
- If the image display in Wishpot doesn't work, check to see if
in your tpl_product_info_display.php file if you
have included the wishpot logic BEFORE this statement:
<?php /** * display the main product image */ require($template->get_template_dir('/tpl_modules_main_product_image.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/tpl_modules_main_product_image.php'); ?>The Wishpot logic needs to be *after* that line.
- Got a blank page? Review the guidelines for Debugging a blank page in Zen Cart
FAQQ: Can I put the Add to Wishpot button on any page?
A: No. The Add to Wishpot button is designed for the product info page only.
Q: Where can I read more about Wishpot?
A: Take a look at their How it works page.
Q: Why do we have to set the pkey (partner key) value?
A: Future versions of Wishpot will allow you to use this data to see what your customers are adding to their wishlists.
Q: Are there any more button options?
A: Yes - the following buttons are available:
Q: What advantages does Wishpot offer merchants?
A: The following:
- The Wishpot button makes it easy for your customers to save items from your site to their lists. Long after your customers leave your site they remember it. And can easily link back to it.
- Wishpot has widgets and a Facebook application. Your products get increased exposure through feeds and blogs.
- Improved SEO- Wishpot Creates deep links to your product catalog and this has been shown to improve the rankings of your website
Q: What advantages does Wishpot offer its members?
A: The following:
- Wishpot allows its members to shop anywhere and save their finds in one central place.
- Wishpot offers the lowest price with price alerts - members are notified when an item they add to their list goes on sale.
- Wishpot accepts contributions- members can ask for contributions toward any list item.