Zen Cart YouTube GalleryA Zen Cart™ mod which allows you to show your YouTube videos on a page in your cart.
Relevance: Zen Cart™ 1.5.0 and above
Current Version: 1.0 (version history)
Support Thread: YouTube Gallery Support Thread
Cost: Free. See credits list if you wish to express your appreciation.
Installed Cost: $120.00 Buy Professional Installation by That Software Guy
Installation Difficulty: Moderate-High
Installation Instructions: click here
Location: Zen Cart Plugins, under Marketing Tools
Download: YouTube Gallery in Zen Cart Plugins
See it Live: Go to my store.
Overview:If you have a bunch of video for products in your store that you want to show off, this module will help you do that.
- Login to YouTube and create a simple browser API key.
Authorize it for your domain, i.e. if your domain name is
mydomain.com, authorize the key for
This will be done from Google Developer's Console; search for "YouTube API Key" for current instructions on how to do it.
- Back up everything! Try this in a test environment prior to installing it on a live shop.
- Unzip the file you have received.
- 2. Rename "custom" to your template name in all places where it occurs. Note: If you are using Zen Cart 1.5.5 or higher, your template name will be "responsive_classic" if you have not changed it.
- 3. Go to the files directory, then copy all files to the root of your shop.
- Add the page to the Information sidebox. Modify
$information = '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_VIDEOS) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_VIDEOS. '</a>';
- Add the page to your sitemap. Modify
<li><?php echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_VIDEOS) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_VIDEOS . '</a>'; ?></li>
- To get the pagination buttons, you must include the font-awesome
font set. The easiest way is just to modify
includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/common/html_header.phpand at the end of the CSS imports, add
<link href="//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/font-awesome/4.1.0/css/font-awesome.min.css" rel="stylesheet">
- 1.0 02/01/2016 - First Release
Credits ListThis module is based off the YouTube Plugin by @bachors. He originally posted the mod here. If you like this module, please make a donation to him.
Page structure adapted from the About Us mod, by various authors.
Final integration by That Software Guy.