Zen Cart Discount Preview has received an upgrade to support the new responsive template provided with Zen Cart 1.5.5. Here’s what the Shopping Cart page looks like with the new template and Discount Preview:
Interoperability Fixes have been posted for Edit Orders 4.x and some of my Zen Cart mods:
Zen Cart Product Bought is a template mod that allows you to display messages if a particular product has been purchased (ever, or within a set period of time). Here’s a video that shows it working:
Zen Cart Product Bought allows you to check to see if a logged in customer has purchased a specific product in the past. It’s perfect for cross selling and upselling messages on the product info page or in the shopping cart. You can even check to see if a product has been bought within a particular time period, such as in the last 90 days.
One of my customers want to discount by dollars spent but NOT discount any product on sale, and also not discount specific products selectable by category, product id or manufacturer. So I added set_cart_discount_products() to Big Spender 1.2.17, which starts from the product subtotal and then allows you to filter out specific products (using the filters indicated above) with the cart_filter_product() function.
Here’s an example configuration, in the setup() function
$this->add_threshold(500, 'Spend over $500, get 30% off', false); $this->set_cart_discount_products("%",30); $this->set_deal_id(500); $this->add_threshold(250, 'Spend over $250, get 25% off', false); $this->set_cart_discount_products("%",25); $this->set_deal_id(250); $this->set_no_double_dip_list(500); $this->add_threshold(100, 'Spend over $100, get 20% off', false); $this->set_cart_discount_products("%",20); $this->set_deal_id(100); $this->set_no_double_dip_list(500,250); $this->add_threshold(50, 'Spend over $50, get 20% off', false); $this->set_cart_discount_products("%",20); $this->set_deal_id(50); $this->set_no_double_dip_list(500,250,100);
Zen Cart Order Copy now has a video that shows how it’s used.
Zen Cart Free Gift Chooser is a discounting module (buy some items, get some other items at a discount) with a built-in admin panel. I just added the ability to edit discounts, and set the “deal id” feature on discounts to link them together (so only one will be applied). The edit capability in particular is a huge step forward in usability, and I hope you like it.
These were the highlights of my year with Zen Cart:
- Created Extended Family mod to allow easy cross-sells on the Zen Cart product info page.
- Updated my Zen Cart demo sites to use Picaflor Azul‘s fantastic Responsive Sheffield Blue template.
- Created a whole bunch of new Zen Cart videos to demonstrate my mods.
- Created Zen Cart Free Gift Spender, to allow admin-panel-driven discounting by dollars spent.
- Created lots of smaller Zen Cart mods like Mod List, Digital Product Upgrade, Switch Skin, Squash Taxes, Choose Your Own Price, Coupon Report, and Coupon Single User.
Hope it was a great e-commerce year for you too!
The principle itself is really just a reminder to “Seek first to understand, then be understood” in the words of Stephen Covey. But what’s most interesting about it is the penetrating questions that are recommended. Try them yourself.
1. If we were meeting three years from today, what has to have happened during that three-year period for you to feel happy about your progress?
2. What are the biggest dangers you’ll have to face and deal with in order to achieve that progress?
3. What are the biggest opportunities that you have that you would need to focus on and capture to achieve those things?
4. What strengths will you need to reinforce and maximize, and what skills and resources will you need to develop that you don’t currently have in order to capture those opportunities?