Zen Cart Shipping SurchargeThe Shipping Surcharge plugin allows you to impose an additional shipping charge for a specific zone.
Donate: This is free software. Show your appreciation by supporting my efforts.
Relevance: Zen Cart™ 1.5.4 and above
Current Version: 1.1 (version history)
Support Thread: Shipping Surcharge Support Thread
Cost: Free, but donation appreciated
Installed Cost: $120.00 Buy Professional Installation by That Software Guy
Installation Difficulty: Easy
Installation Instructions: click here for installation instructions
Location: Zen Cart Plugins, under Shipping Modules
Download: Shipping Surcharge in Zen Cart Plugins
Overview:Many stores want to have a simple shipping policy, but find that shipping to particular destinations caused additional expense. If this is you, Shipping Surcharge could solve your problem.
Shipping Surcharge allows you to add a fee to the order total when an order is being shipped to a specific zone. The fee can be a flat amount or a percentage of the subtotal.
- Back up everything! Try this in a test environment prior to installing it on a live shop.
- Copy the contents of the unzipped folder to the root directory of your shop.
- In Admin > Locations > Zone Definitions, create the Zone that should be surcharged. (If you have never done this before, here are the steps for creating a new zone in Zen Cart.)
- Go to Admin > Modules > Order Total, select Shipping Surcharge, and press the Install button. Set the amount of the surcharge, and set the zone to the zone you just created.
- In Admin > Modules > Order Total, if desired, set weight and/or value thresholds for the surcharge. The surcharge will not be imposed unless the weight exceeds the weight threshold and/or the value exceeds the value threshold.
- 1.1 07/01/2021 - Added weight and value thresholds
- 1.0 04/03/2021 - First Release
Don't let shipping costs leave you upside down!
Use Shipping Surcharge by That Software Guy.